- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
17 December 2011
With many products scarce...like powdered milk, coffee and cooking oils...President Hugo Chavez has rolled back previous policies that gave him total economic control...and he has been forced again to work with foreign companies he once accused of price-gouging...to produce food staples.
“Even my friends who work at supermarkets sometimes can’t get hold of products,” said one housewife.
The government has agreed to joint ventures to produce more corn flour, rice, pasta and oatmeal.
Chavez has seized assets of 1,045 companies since 1999...costing at least $9.9bn for compensation...with disputed claims for $20bn remaining.