- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
31 December 2011
Considering their histories...most South American nations are understandably nervous about inflation.
But...Montevideo's central bank drastically raised its benchmark rate...by 75 bps...to 8.75%...as inflation continued to roar ahead.
The small nation across the Rio Plata/River Plate from Buenos Aires...where inflation is unofficially 25% or higher annually...wants to prune its growth.
In November...inflation there jumped to 8.4% from 7.9% in October.
The central bank’s target inflation range is a more modest 4% to 6%.