- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
17 December 2011
URUGUAY / ARGENTINA / UK : Montevideo's New Hard Line On Malvinas; ForMin Calls UK Control "Inadmissible."
Uruguay's Foreign Affairs Minister Luis Almagro (above) has described British control over the Malvinas/Falkland islands as a “colonial enclave”...and “inadmissible”...in defending its policy of barring Falkland flagged vessels from entering its ports...recently pronounced by President Jose Mujica.
Port business in Uruguay equals about $300mn annually.
Businesses there said they were shocked by Mujica’s announcement.
The UK responded to the admission with 'great concern'...demanding 'clarifications'.
“The Uruguayan position is potentially very worrying and we are carefully considering our next steps. It would be most disappointing that Uruguay has decided to back the shameful attempts by Argentina to harm the economy and way of life of the inhabitants of this small archipelago by blocking access to free trade”.