- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
17 December 2011
URUGUAY / ARGENTINA / UK : Montevideo's New Hard Line On Malvinas; ForMin Calls UK Control "Inadmissible."
Uruguay's Foreign Affairs Minister Luis Almagro (above) has described British control over the Malvinas/Falkland islands as a “colonial enclave”...and “inadmissible”...in defending its policy of barring Falkland flagged vessels from entering its ports...recently pronounced by President Jose Mujica.
Port business in Uruguay equals about $300mn annually.
Businesses there said they were shocked by Mujica’s announcement.
The UK responded to the admission with 'great concern'...demanding 'clarifications'.
“The Uruguayan position is potentially very worrying and we are carefully considering our next steps. It would be most disappointing that Uruguay has decided to back the shameful attempts by Argentina to harm the economy and way of life of the inhabitants of this small archipelago by blocking access to free trade”.