- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- CHINA: Off Topic But Interesting: Ai WeiWei...Rebel Artist...With A Cause.
17 December 2011
URUGUAY / ARGENTINA / UK : Montevideo's New Hard Line On Malvinas; ForMin Calls UK Control "Inadmissible."
Uruguay's Foreign Affairs Minister Luis Almagro (above) has described British control over the Malvinas/Falkland islands as a “colonial enclave”...and “inadmissible”...in defending its policy of barring Falkland flagged vessels from entering its ports...recently pronounced by President Jose Mujica.
Port business in Uruguay equals about $300mn annually.
Businesses there said they were shocked by Mujica’s announcement.
The UK responded to the admission with 'great concern'...demanding 'clarifications'.
“The Uruguayan position is potentially very worrying and we are carefully considering our next steps. It would be most disappointing that Uruguay has decided to back the shameful attempts by Argentina to harm the economy and way of life of the inhabitants of this small archipelago by blocking access to free trade”.