- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
30 December 2011
HUNGARY: PM Orban Claims "We Will Stand On Our Own Feet"...After Parliament Passes C.Bank Restrictions.
The 'junk' bond status of Hungarian sovereign debt...probably just got junkier...after its lawmakers voted to enact tough new restrictions on the central bank...that the EU and IMF oppose.
The parliament will strip central bank President Andras Simor of his right to name deputies and expanded the rate-setting Monetary Council...along with several other recent restrictions.
The IMF and EU have broken-off all loan talks.
“The government is floating the possibility of an IMF deal but in reality it’s playing for time, hoping the global economy will improve and make a bailout unnecessary," said a local money manager.
“If we have an IMF safety net, then we face the coming period with greater self-confidence and greater security,” said PM Viktor Orban “If we don’t reach an agreement, we’ll still stand on our own feet.”