- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
30 December 2011
HUNGARY: PM Orban Claims "We Will Stand On Our Own Feet"...After Parliament Passes C.Bank Restrictions.
The 'junk' bond status of Hungarian sovereign debt...probably just got junkier...after its lawmakers voted to enact tough new restrictions on the central bank...that the EU and IMF oppose.
The parliament will strip central bank President Andras Simor of his right to name deputies and expanded the rate-setting Monetary Council...along with several other recent restrictions.
The IMF and EU have broken-off all loan talks.
“The government is floating the possibility of an IMF deal but in reality it’s playing for time, hoping the global economy will improve and make a bailout unnecessary," said a local money manager.
“If we have an IMF safety net, then we face the coming period with greater self-confidence and greater security,” said PM Viktor Orban “If we don’t reach an agreement, we’ll still stand on our own feet.”