- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- CHINA: Off Topic But Interesting: Ai WeiWei...Rebel Artist...With A Cause.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
20 December 2011
For the 2nd consecutive month...the central bank raised the benchmark interest rate...this time...to 7%...from 6.5%.
PM Viktor Orban criticized the move...as countering growth...during a slowing eurozone economy.
Orban has differed with the c.bank many times...and a proposed new law endeavors to wrest away more control from the c.bank.
In fact...the ECB has criticized the law for threatening the bank's independence...and the European Commission has asked Hungary not to pass it.