- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
20 December 2011
For the 2nd consecutive month...the central bank raised the benchmark interest rate...this time...to 7%...from 6.5%.
PM Viktor Orban criticized the move...as countering growth...during a slowing eurozone economy.
Orban has differed with the c.bank many times...and a proposed new law endeavors to wrest away more control from the c.bank.
In fact...the ECB has criticized the law for threatening the bank's independence...and the European Commission has asked Hungary not to pass it.