- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
15 December 2011
Every tourist in La Habana has been accosted on its streets by young men hawking Cuba's famous cigars...for cheap.
Black market cigars in the calle go for about $30 chavitos...while the same famous "brand" will sell for hundreds in official stores.
Tobacco workers often smuggle out cigars hidden in their clothing...while others roll them using scraps.
Cubans themselves smoke cigars made from scraps...for one peso nacional/$.05 cents.
Experts estimate 20% of all goods are stolen...in a nation where $20 per month is the average wage.