- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
19 December 2011
Slow news day feature
Hundreds of people attended Cuba's annual cat show at La Habana's Kid Chocolate Arena.
Over 100 cats competed for 5 best of show awards.
Cuba has always gone for the dogs...even allows them to freely roam the calles...with unsightly mange.
"Our people have always preferred dogs. Like in many countries, cat have been a little left out," said the association's president.
There are only 250 association members.
In the not so distant past...in many parts of Cuba...cats were mostly seen...as a free, tasty meal.