- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
19 December 2011
Slow news day feature
Hundreds of people attended Cuba's annual cat show at La Habana's Kid Chocolate Arena.
Over 100 cats competed for 5 best of show awards.
Cuba has always gone for the dogs...even allows them to freely roam the calles...with unsightly mange.
"Our people have always preferred dogs. Like in many countries, cat have been a little left out," said the association's president.
There are only 250 association members.
In the not so distant past...in many parts of Cuba...cats were mostly seen...as a free, tasty meal.