- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
14 December 2011
BRASIL : 16 Dec UPDATE: Rio Prosecutor Wants $10.7 Billion Damages From Chevron/Transocean For Oil Spill; Also Activity Suspension; Investors View Lawsuit Warily.
A Rio state federal prosecutor is telling Chevron and Transocean to suspend all activity and pay 20bn reais/$10.7bn in damages after a 3,000 bbls oil spill last month...240 miles off Rio's coast.
“Chevron and Transocean weren’t capable of controlling the damages from a spill of 3,000 barrels of oil, which proves a lack of environmental planning and management,” said the Campos official.
Chevron is Brasil's the number 3 oil producer...after Petrobras and Shell. It's assets there are estimated at $4.2 bn.
Chevron continues to claim Rio is wildly overreacting... and potentially scaring other drillers from taking the risk of exploring the record deep subsalt region.
Investors have been expected to invest more than $600bn to develop the subsalt.
For More Details...See Past Post/Link: