- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
06 December 2011
Brasil...the 'B' of the much vaulted BRIC emerging growth economies...showed less than ZERO growth in Q3 from Q2...actually shrinking by 0.04.
Y/y...Brasilia's economy grew only 2.1%.
In 2010..it posted an impressive 7.5% GDP increase.
In short...its economy is 'morto na água'/dead in the water.
Some economists are blaming...the eurozone...and a slowdown in China.
"The reversal ... is very worrisome, and the worst is that there's not much that can be done about it -- we depend on a solution to the problems in Europe," said an economist.
Others blame monetary and credit tightening...with 5 benchmark interest rate hikes.