- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
23 November 2011
President Dmitry Medvedev told his military to work on the capability to “destroy” a USA backed Eastern European missile-defense system.
“I have ordered the armed forces to develop measures to ensure, if necessary, that we can destroy the command and control systems” of the U.S. shield, Medvedev said. “These measures are appropriate, effective and low-cost.”
Medvedev also threatened to quit a 2011 (SALT) arms-reduction treaty if the two sides can’t agree on missile defense.
An expert observed: “This is a Cold War-style issue that can be damaging for Russia-U.S. relations. Unfortunately, it’s going to stay for a while and during an election period it is an issue that can attract a lot of attention.”