- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
23 November 2011
President Dmitry Medvedev told his military to work on the capability to “destroy” a USA backed Eastern European missile-defense system.
“I have ordered the armed forces to develop measures to ensure, if necessary, that we can destroy the command and control systems” of the U.S. shield, Medvedev said. “These measures are appropriate, effective and low-cost.”
Medvedev also threatened to quit a 2011 (SALT) arms-reduction treaty if the two sides can’t agree on missile defense.
An expert observed: “This is a Cold War-style issue that can be damaging for Russia-U.S. relations. Unfortunately, it’s going to stay for a while and during an election period it is an issue that can attract a lot of attention.”