- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
05 November 2011
ITALY / EUROZONE / IMF : 7 Nov UPDATE: Silvio Shrugs Off IMF Check-Up/Resignation Talk; Refuses Credit Line; Checks Out Argentina's President CFK.
The PM many Italians love to hate...but keep in power...Silvio Berlusconi...insists that Italy has no financial problems...even as he fights with rebels from his own party...to stay in power before a Tuesday vote.
But Italy's 10 year sovereign debt has set another worrisome record high...6.67%... considered unsustainable.
President Giorgio Napolitano warns that Italy is suffering the worst crisis since WW2.
But "What me worry?"...seems to be Berlusconi's attitude.
The IMF does worry.
It has insisted on beginning rare regular quarterly check-ups of his promised reforms.
The IMF also offered a credit line of E45bn/$62bn (WSJ)...with a possible doubling of the amount in 2012.
But Silvio has refused the offer so far...ahead of his 9th confidence vote in 2011...and rumors that a new technocrat-led government "must" soon succeed him.
Instead at the G-20...he was seen...busy "checking-out" recent widow...Argentine President Cristina Fernandez.