- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
05 November 2011
ITALY / EUROZONE / IMF : 7 Nov UPDATE: Silvio Shrugs Off IMF Check-Up/Resignation Talk; Refuses Credit Line; Checks Out Argentina's President CFK.
The PM many Italians love to hate...but keep in power...Silvio Berlusconi...insists that Italy has no financial problems...even as he fights with rebels from his own party...to stay in power before a Tuesday vote.
But Italy's 10 year sovereign debt has set another worrisome record high...6.67%... considered unsustainable.
President Giorgio Napolitano warns that Italy is suffering the worst crisis since WW2.
But "What me worry?"...seems to be Berlusconi's attitude.
The IMF does worry.
It has insisted on beginning rare regular quarterly check-ups of his promised reforms.
The IMF also offered a credit line of E45bn/$62bn (WSJ)...with a possible doubling of the amount in 2012.
But Silvio has refused the offer so far...ahead of his 9th confidence vote in 2011...and rumors that a new technocrat-led government "must" soon succeed him.
Instead at the G-20...he was seen...busy "checking-out" recent widow...Argentine President Cristina Fernandez.