- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
09 November 2011
Raul Castro's daughter...Mariela Castro, 49 (above)...called noted Cuban blogger Yoani Sanchez and other dissidents “despicable parasites” in a recent Twitter exchange.
It is believed to be the first internet 'fight' on the island...with Mariela the first Castro to tweet.
Sanchez (above) writes the widely read La Habana-based “Generation Y” blog...but is barely known on the island...except to the secret police...because internet access there is still primitive and expensive.
Sanchez welcomed Castro to the “plurality of Twitter” where “no one can shut me up, deny me permission to travel or block entrance.”