- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
18 November 2011
In an interview with BBC MUNDO...President Juan Manuel Santos admits that his ex-boss former President Alvaro Uribe...no longer returns his phone calls...and hasn't talked with Santos in 3 months.
Santos was Uribe's defense minister.
Santos said: "I called him to congratulate him (Uribe) on the free trade agreement because that's a project as much his as mine, he put a lot of work in, but he did not return the call."
"I called him to congratulate him and share the success of the hit we gave FARC with Alfonso Cano, but he did not return the call."
He says his new daily mantra is "Don't fight with Uribe".
Santos is currently riding a wave of popularity...with more than 80% approval.