- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
30 November 2011
A German NGO reports that Colombia ranked third in countries most affected by extreme weather in 2010. Germanwatch says it trailed Pakistan's historic flooding and Guatemala's hurricanes.
The NGO predicts that conditions will only worsen with ongoing climate change.
Currently...there is widespread flooding in the Santander and Cordoba provinces.
Estimates for Colombia's famous arabica coffee production have also been scaled back because of rainy weather...driving up prices.
NEW stats from C. REPORTS: 108 dead so far and 420,000 affected since 1 Sept; with 10 missing, 95 injured, 67,000 homes destroyed in 27 of 32 departments/provinces.
TO SEE:53 video: current flooding from this rainy season's 2nd storm.