- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
25 August 2011
EUROZONE / GERMANY / FINLAND : Clamor For Bailout Collateral Grows; Some Berlin MPs Want PIIGS To "Give Us Your Gold To Hold."
There are continuing calls from some Eurozone members to obtain collateral for any new tranches of bailout funds for troubled PIIGS nations...especially Greece.
The Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria have joined the clamor for collateral after it was disclosed that Finland had secured such demands.
Finland has continued to demand collateral for its Greek aid contribution...but German Chancellor Angela Merkel denied that cash or gold would be used.
Merkel said that a call by German Labor Minister Ursula von der Leyen for countries to put up gold as security for bailouts is “not the right way."
Von der Leyden is seen as a potential rival for Merkel's position.
Earlier, German lawmakers had urged Portugal to sell its gold to ease debt problems.
Greece holds 112 tons of gold. Portugal has 422 tons. Spain possesses 282 tons.
The idea of using Greek real estate as collateral has also been floated.