- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
25 August 2011
EUROZONE / GERMANY / FINLAND : Clamor For Bailout Collateral Grows; Some Berlin MPs Want PIIGS To "Give Us Your Gold To Hold."
There are continuing calls from some Eurozone members to obtain collateral for any new tranches of bailout funds for troubled PIIGS nations...especially Greece.
The Netherlands, Slovakia, Slovenia, Austria have joined the clamor for collateral after it was disclosed that Finland had secured such demands.
Finland has continued to demand collateral for its Greek aid contribution...but German Chancellor Angela Merkel denied that cash or gold would be used.
Merkel said that a call by German Labor Minister Ursula von der Leyen for countries to put up gold as security for bailouts is “not the right way."
Von der Leyden is seen as a potential rival for Merkel's position.
Earlier, German lawmakers had urged Portugal to sell its gold to ease debt problems.
Greece holds 112 tons of gold. Portugal has 422 tons. Spain possesses 282 tons.
The idea of using Greek real estate as collateral has also been floated.