- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
26 October 2010
The wife of Alan Gross, 61, imprisoned in Cuba since 3 December, 2009 for delivering satellite communications equipment to the tiny Jewish community there under a subcontract with U.S. AID program to promote civil society and democracy on the island... begged in a letter for his release.
"I recognize today that the Cuban government may not like the type of work that Alan was doing in Cuba,'' she wrote. ``But I want you to know that Alan loves the people of Cuba, and he only wanted to help them. He never intended them, or your government, any harm.To the extent his work may have offended you or your government, he and I are genuinely remorseful.'' She also added that his health ``is deteriorating significantly.'' He has lost 80 pounds in jail and ``developed a neurological problem that I am told may result in permanent paralysis of his right leg.''
Labels: Alan P. Gross