- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- BRASIL: Miss Bum Bum Finalists To Be Chosen By Online Vote.
- BRASIL: Pantless Lover...Barely Escapes Jealous Husband...From 3rd Floor.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
26 October 2010
The wife of Alan Gross, 61, imprisoned in Cuba since 3 December, 2009 for delivering satellite communications equipment to the tiny Jewish community there under a subcontract with U.S. AID program to promote civil society and democracy on the island... begged in a letter for his release.
"I recognize today that the Cuban government may not like the type of work that Alan was doing in Cuba,'' she wrote. ``But I want you to know that Alan loves the people of Cuba, and he only wanted to help them. He never intended them, or your government, any harm.To the extent his work may have offended you or your government, he and I are genuinely remorseful.'' She also added that his health ``is deteriorating significantly.'' He has lost 80 pounds in jail and ``developed a neurological problem that I am told may result in permanent paralysis of his right leg.''
Labels: Alan P. Gross