- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
02 May 2013
ECB / EUROZONE : Draghi Cuts Benchmark To Record Low 0.5%.
Many economists predicted it...and the ECB's Mario Draghi made it come true.
The ECB's new benchmark rate is 0.5%...down 25 bps from 0.75%.
It's the bank's first rate cut in 10 months.
Draghi is trying to stimulate growth...after new stats indicated that manufacturing has contracted in the zone's 17 nations...including powerhouse Germany.
Yesterday...the USA's Federal Reserve said it would continue to buy $85 billion in bonds monthly...to further drive down long term interest rates.
Eurozone inflation is at a 3-year low.
Draghi hinted that rates could go lower if necessary...possibly even negative deposit rates.