- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
02 May 2013
ECB / EUROZONE : Draghi Cuts Benchmark To Record Low 0.5%.
Many economists predicted it...and the ECB's Mario Draghi made it come true.
The ECB's new benchmark rate is 0.5%...down 25 bps from 0.75%.
It's the bank's first rate cut in 10 months.
Draghi is trying to stimulate growth...after new stats indicated that manufacturing has contracted in the zone's 17 nations...including powerhouse Germany.
Yesterday...the USA's Federal Reserve said it would continue to buy $85 billion in bonds monthly...to further drive down long term interest rates.
Eurozone inflation is at a 3-year low.
Draghi hinted that rates could go lower if necessary...possibly even negative deposit rates.