- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
02 May 2013
ECB / EUROZONE : Draghi Cuts Benchmark To Record Low 0.5%.
Many economists predicted it...and the ECB's Mario Draghi made it come true.
The ECB's new benchmark rate is 0.5%...down 25 bps from 0.75%.
It's the bank's first rate cut in 10 months.
Draghi is trying to stimulate growth...after new stats indicated that manufacturing has contracted in the zone's 17 nations...including powerhouse Germany.
Yesterday...the USA's Federal Reserve said it would continue to buy $85 billion in bonds monthly...to further drive down long term interest rates.
Eurozone inflation is at a 3-year low.
Draghi hinted that rates could go lower if necessary...possibly even negative deposit rates.