- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
13 April 2013
URUGUAY / ARGENTINA : Mujica Apologizes To Cristina Fernandez For Calling Her 'Old Hag.'
Uruguay's President Jose 'Pepe' Mujica...apologized for his refreshingly undiplomatic descriptions of Argentine President Cristina Fernandez and her dead husband Nestor.
During a recent event...Mujica was overheard on a live microphone...calling Cristina 'stubborn'...and an 'old hag'...and deceased former President Nestor Kirchner as 'cross-eyed.'
The remarks sent shock waves thru Argentina...and an official protest was issued.
Always an unconventional politician...Mujica waited several days before he blamed his many years imprisoned as a guerrilla in solitary confinement for his rough language.
But a poll showed that 70% of Uruguayans approved of Mujica's descriptions.
Mujica says he sent President Fernandez a formal apology letter.