- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
13 April 2013
URUGUAY / ARGENTINA : Mujica Apologizes To Cristina Fernandez For Calling Her 'Old Hag.'
Uruguay's President Jose 'Pepe' Mujica...apologized for his refreshingly undiplomatic descriptions of Argentine President Cristina Fernandez and her dead husband Nestor.
During a recent event...Mujica was overheard on a live microphone...calling Cristina 'stubborn'...and an 'old hag'...and deceased former President Nestor Kirchner as 'cross-eyed.'
The remarks sent shock waves thru Argentina...and an official protest was issued.
Always an unconventional politician...Mujica waited several days before he blamed his many years imprisoned as a guerrilla in solitary confinement for his rough language.
But a poll showed that 70% of Uruguayans approved of Mujica's descriptions.
Mujica says he sent President Fernandez a formal apology letter.