- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
17 April 2013
RUSSIA : Medvedev On Defensive After Putin Tirade Tape Leaked.
Many Kremlin watchers have been predicting the demise of PM Dmitry Medvedev...ever since his appointment last May.
But a new video posted on a pro-Putin website...that shows Putin threatening to fire unnamed officials if Russia's economy continues to falter...delivers new ammunition.
Before parliament...and for almost 2 hours...Medvedev staunchly defended his cabinet's results.
Last week...Russia's projected 2013 GDP was revised downward to 2.4%.
In 2012...its $2 trillion economy grew by 3.4%.
The prices for oil and gas...Russia's main exports...have been rapidly sinking.
Today...benchmark Brent closed below $98 bbl.
Some economists estimate that Russia needs oil at $115 bbl to pay its bills.