- RUSSIA : Court Sets One Pussy Rioter Free; Fame Brings 70 Year Closure For Eurovision Folk Singer.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- UZBEKISTAN: 23 Aug UPDATE: GooGoosha Responds To Critics; Ruthless Dictator's Daughter Seeks Fame With Pop Career.
- RUSSIA / CZECH REP : 30 Dec UPDATE: Probe Begins Of Moscow Plane Crash That Killed 5, Injured 3.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
17 April 2013
RUSSIA : Medvedev On Defensive After Putin Tirade Tape Leaked.
Many Kremlin watchers have been predicting the demise of PM Dmitry Medvedev...ever since his appointment last May.
But a new video posted on a pro-Putin website...that shows Putin threatening to fire unnamed officials if Russia's economy continues to falter...delivers new ammunition.
Before parliament...and for almost 2 hours...Medvedev staunchly defended his cabinet's results.
Last week...Russia's projected 2013 GDP was revised downward to 2.4%.
In 2012...its $2 trillion economy grew by 3.4%.
The prices for oil and gas...Russia's main exports...have been rapidly sinking.
Today...benchmark Brent closed below $98 bbl.
Some economists estimate that Russia needs oil at $115 bbl to pay its bills.