- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
17 April 2013
RUSSIA : Medvedev On Defensive After Putin Tirade Tape Leaked.
Many Kremlin watchers have been predicting the demise of PM Dmitry Medvedev...ever since his appointment last May.
But a new video posted on a pro-Putin website...that shows Putin threatening to fire unnamed officials if Russia's economy continues to falter...delivers new ammunition.
Before parliament...and for almost 2 hours...Medvedev staunchly defended his cabinet's results.
Last week...Russia's projected 2013 GDP was revised downward to 2.4%.
In 2012...its $2 trillion economy grew by 3.4%.
The prices for oil and gas...Russia's main exports...have been rapidly sinking.
Today...benchmark Brent closed below $98 bbl.
Some economists estimate that Russia needs oil at $115 bbl to pay its bills.