- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
17 April 2013
RUSSIA : Medvedev On Defensive After Putin Tirade Tape Leaked.
Many Kremlin watchers have been predicting the demise of PM Dmitry Medvedev...ever since his appointment last May.
But a new video posted on a pro-Putin website...that shows Putin threatening to fire unnamed officials if Russia's economy continues to falter...delivers new ammunition.
Before parliament...and for almost 2 hours...Medvedev staunchly defended his cabinet's results.
Last week...Russia's projected 2013 GDP was revised downward to 2.4%.
In 2012...its $2 trillion economy grew by 3.4%.
The prices for oil and gas...Russia's main exports...have been rapidly sinking.
Today...benchmark Brent closed below $98 bbl.
Some economists estimate that Russia needs oil at $115 bbl to pay its bills.