- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
20 March 2013
USA / TECHNOLOGY: 24 Mar UPDATE: Google Reader Reappears! On Menu; Reader Loss Punishes Those Living Under Repression.
After warning that its Reader would end on 01 July...Google suddenly disappeared the service from this user's pull-down menu.
But on Sunday...it suddenly reappeared!
Along with it...was a new email composing feature...accompanied by an annoying and verbose tutorial.
What was wrong with Google's old composition system?
Nothing...except that Microsoft recently revamped and renamed its outdated Hotmail...as Outlook.
As for the Reader...here are at least 10 petitions alive...asking Google CEO Larry Page to change his mind about its inclusion and deletion during his latest 'spring cleaning'.
The biggest petition has over 142,000 signatures.
Also...as Mashable points out...for many outside the USA...Reader is the internet...the only way to access banned material...while living under repressive regimes.
But with this new early menu deletion...Page's answer to users everywhere is...tough!
The Reader is history! Get used to it. And...Move on!
One can only wonder what would happen at Google...if Microsoft decided to create its own version of Reader.
Would Page recant his canning?