- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- RUSSIA : Aeroflot Fires Attendant...For Posting Middle Finger Salute Foto.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- ITALY : Ruby Heartstealer Testifies About Bunga Bunga Parties at Milano Trial.
- BRASIL: Footballer De Souza's Model Mistress Murder Trial Begins.
20 March 2013
USA / TECHNOLOGY: 24 Mar UPDATE: Google Reader Reappears! On Menu; Reader Loss Punishes Those Living Under Repression.
After warning that its Reader would end on 01 July...Google suddenly disappeared the service from this user's pull-down menu.
But on Sunday...it suddenly reappeared!
Along with it...was a new email composing feature...accompanied by an annoying and verbose tutorial.
What was wrong with Google's old composition system?
Nothing...except that Microsoft recently revamped and renamed its outdated Hotmail...as Outlook.
As for the Reader...here are at least 10 petitions alive...asking Google CEO Larry Page to change his mind about its inclusion and deletion during his latest 'spring cleaning'.
The biggest petition has over 142,000 signatures.
Also...as Mashable points out...for many outside the USA...Reader is the internet...the only way to access banned material...while living under repressive regimes.
But with this new early menu deletion...Page's answer to users everywhere is...tough!
The Reader is history! Get used to it. And...Move on!
One can only wonder what would happen at Google...if Microsoft decided to create its own version of Reader.
Would Page recant his canning?