- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
21 February 2013
MEXICO : Military Responsible For 'Disappearing' 149 People.
In a new report....the NGO Human Rights Watch claims that Mexico's military is directly responsible for at least 149 forced 'disappearances' of citizens...from 2006-2012.
During those 6 years...some observers estimate more than 27,000 people 'disappeared'... as President Calderon stepped-up military and national police pressure on the many narcos, mafiosos and thugs.
The NGO also says that then-President Calderon did nothing to prevent human rights violations or to even investigate them.
For over a decade...the over 500 'disappearances' of young women from the Cd Juarez area have been neglected...or superficially investigated...by local and state officials.