- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- CHINA: Off Topic But Interesting: Ai WeiWei...Rebel Artist...With A Cause.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
21 February 2013
MEXICO : Military Responsible For 'Disappearing' 149 People.
In a new report....the NGO Human Rights Watch claims that Mexico's military is directly responsible for at least 149 forced 'disappearances' of citizens...from 2006-2012.
During those 6 years...some observers estimate more than 27,000 people 'disappeared'... as President Calderon stepped-up military and national police pressure on the many narcos, mafiosos and thugs.
The NGO also says that then-President Calderon did nothing to prevent human rights violations or to even investigate them.
For over a decade...the over 500 'disappearances' of young women from the Cd Juarez area have been neglected...or superficially investigated...by local and state officials.