- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- POLAND: Sopot's Famous Crazy, Crooked House; Communist Board Game Goes Multilingual.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO / CANADA : 3 Feb UPDATE: Sheila McNabb's Husband Thanks Canada As She Recovers From Surgery After Mazatlan Beating.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
21 February 2013
MEXICO : Military Responsible For 'Disappearing' 149 People.
In a new report....the NGO Human Rights Watch claims that Mexico's military is directly responsible for at least 149 forced 'disappearances' of citizens...from 2006-2012.
During those 6 years...some observers estimate more than 27,000 people 'disappeared'... as President Calderon stepped-up military and national police pressure on the many narcos, mafiosos and thugs.
The NGO also says that then-President Calderon did nothing to prevent human rights violations or to even investigate them.
For over a decade...the over 500 'disappearances' of young women from the Cd Juarez area have been neglected...or superficially investigated...by local and state officials.