- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
21 February 2013
MEXICO : Military Responsible For 'Disappearing' 149 People.
In a new report....the NGO Human Rights Watch claims that Mexico's military is directly responsible for at least 149 forced 'disappearances' of citizens...from 2006-2012.
During those 6 years...some observers estimate more than 27,000 people 'disappeared'... as President Calderon stepped-up military and national police pressure on the many narcos, mafiosos and thugs.
The NGO also says that then-President Calderon did nothing to prevent human rights violations or to even investigate them.
For over a decade...the over 500 'disappearances' of young women from the Cd Juarez area have been neglected...or superficially investigated...by local and state officials.