- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- MEXICO / AZERBAIJAN : 26 Jan UPDATE: Controversial Azeri Statue Moved To Seedy Warehouse; Baku Is Still Upset.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- GERMANY / FRANCE / SHIPPING / IMAGES : World's Largest Container Ship Docks In Hamburg.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
20 February 2013
BRASIL / GERMANY : Beleaguered Billionaire Batista Seeks Buyer For Gold Biz.
Poor Eike Batista.
If you can call a man still worth $10 billion...poor.
But...Batista, 56...is rumored to be trying to sell his gold company...AUX...as well as a controlling stake in his energy company MPX...to German utility EON...for $5 billion.
Since March...Batista's net worth has plummeted by a staggering 71%...from $34.5 billion...to $10.1 billion today.
Publicity hog Batista has long lusted to brag about being the globe's richest man.
Instead...he has demonstrated only a flair for exploration...not for following-up with production.
And...for losing vast amounts of paper wealth.
Sadly for Batista...Brasil is no longer foreign investors' flavor of the month.