- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- POLAND: Sopot's Famous Crazy, Crooked House; Communist Board Game Goes Multilingual.
- MEXICO / CANADA : 3 Feb UPDATE: Sheila McNabb's Husband Thanks Canada As She Recovers From Surgery After Mazatlan Beating.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- HUNGARY : 10,000 Protest Against Jobbiks...In Budapest.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
08 February 2013
AUSTIN / TECHNOLOGY: Big Dell LBO Roadblock Appears: Southeastern Fund Says Price Too Low.
Angry Dell stockholders are starting to gather to oppose a proposed $24.4 billion LBO.
At least one has filed suit over conflict of interest.
Now...Southeastern Asset which holds 8.5% of Dell stock...says the $13.65 price...is just too low.
The largest Dell stockholder...after CEO Michael Dell...values the company at $24.
At that price...Dell would be worth $42 billion...not $24.4 bn.
The Memphis fund offered other alternatives to satisfy stockholders...including breaking-up the company...and selling off the pieces.