- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
08 February 2013
VENEZUELA : 09 Feb UPDATE: Caracas Finally Devalues Bolivar...By 32%.
The bolivar's devaluation has been expected for months...but President Chavez's renewed cancer challenge delayed it...until Friday.
For the 5th time...in 9 years...Caracas finally weakened its exchange rate...this time...by 32%...to 6.3 bolivares per usd.
It had been 4.3 per usd.
Officials say President Chavez ordered the adjustment from La Habana.
The devaluation will help lower the nation's budget deficit...greatly increased during a presidential pre-election spending splurge.
Observers say it will give Caracas $13.4 billion more in revenue from oil sales...and could reduce the deficit by 50%.
Some experts expect more adjustments.
On the black market...the website Lechuga Verde reports the bolivar dropped to 19.53 per usd.