- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
08 February 2013
VENEZUELA : 09 Feb UPDATE: Caracas Finally Devalues Bolivar...By 32%.
The bolivar's devaluation has been expected for months...but President Chavez's renewed cancer challenge delayed it...until Friday.
For the 5th time...in 9 years...Caracas finally weakened its exchange rate...this time...by 32%...to 6.3 bolivares per usd.
It had been 4.3 per usd.
Officials say President Chavez ordered the adjustment from La Habana.
The devaluation will help lower the nation's budget deficit...greatly increased during a presidential pre-election spending splurge.
Observers say it will give Caracas $13.4 billion more in revenue from oil sales...and could reduce the deficit by 50%.
Some experts expect more adjustments.
On the black market...the website Lechuga Verde reports the bolivar dropped to 19.53 per usd.