- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
24 January 2013
VENEZUELA : Caracas Plans Crackdown On Clunker Car Inflation Hedge.
With annual inflation of over 20% for over a decade...Venezuelans have relied on used and new cars...to keep ahead of the curve.
Instead of losing value...when a car is driven off a Caracas lot...it's value surges.
An analyst there reports...'Cars gain value instead of depreciating because of a supply and demand crisis. In Venezuela we buy cars to protect our wealth.'
Now...the Chavista congress has proposed a law that fixes prices for used and new cars at 2009 levels.
Venezuela has the world's 3rd highest inflation rate.
A new devaluation of the currency has been predicted by many observers...but the uncertain condition of President Hugo Chavez's health...has delayed many monetary policies.