- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
10 April 2012
PERU: 15 April UPDATE: All 36 Hostages Released After Troops Surround Shining Path Kidnappers And Captives.
After 6 days...36 hostages have been released...after the army surrounded the narco rebels and forced their retreat.
No ransom was paid.
During the massive search for the 36 captives...an officer was killed...and 2 injured in an attack on a helicopter...while 1,500 troops searched for workers kidnapped by a small band of 'Shining Path' narco rebels.
Peru had declared a 60 day 'state of emergency' in the Echarate district of Cuzco province where Peruvian workers with Sweden's Skanska construction company were kidnapped.
The alleged 'Shining Path' guerrillas...had captured the native workers from Peru's important Camisea nat gas pipeline...and demanded a $10 million ransom...explosives and weapons for their release.