- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
12 January 2012
As previously mentioned...the number of visitors to this news blog from Russia...has surged in the past few months.
Daily it often trails only the USA in page views.
With that in mind...here's a report by former NPR Moscow correspondent David Greene...of his impressions after a recent trip across Russia...via the Trans-Siberian Express.
NPR: "That pace (for change) is slow, but the momentum is growing. Yekaterina Stepanova is a professor of philosophy and law in Yekaterinburg, the closest city to Sagra. People out in Russia's far-flung regions, she says, are unlikely to join a large-scale movement to oust a government. But Russia as it's governed today isn't sustainable."