- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
10 January 2012
COMMODITIES / USA / BRASIL: Is There Pesticide In Your OJ? Fear Sends Futures Up 11% To Record High.
A new FDA report over the possible presence of an unapproved fungicide in Brasil's orange juice exports has spooked OJ futures...sending them up 11%...to an all time high.
The report follows a brief freeze in Florida that also sent prices higher.
The new price...$2.12...exceeds a 2005/2006 four-fold increase that followed several Florida hurricanes.
The fungicide carbendazim...is widely used in Brasil...but not authorized in the USA.