- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
10 January 2012
Perhaps the USA's most wanted man currently...is Sinaloan narco honcho...Joaquin Guzman...aka 'El Chapo'/Shorty.
The USA has a $5mn bounty on his head....and some claim...its drones monitor the 3 mountainous states where he may be hiding out.
Calderon's ruling PAN party covets capturing Guzman before the July presidential election.
"Politically, catching El Chapo would be a huge boon to the administration. It would allow them to go into the election with much less criticism. People still talk of a pact between the government and the Sinaloa Cartel. Guzman's arrest would silence critics on that front," says an expert.