- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
26 December 2011
USA POLITICS : Libertarian / GOP Prez. Candidate Ron Paul's Investment Strategy...A Step Away From Canned Goods Hoard.
You have to give libertarian, well known "gold bug" and suddenly surging GOP presidential hopeful Texas Rep. Ron Paul credit.
He truly walks his talk.
Paul's just disclosed investment portfolio...worth between $2.44-$5.46 million...is 64% in gold and silver-mining stocks...many held since 2002...21% in real estate and roughly 14% in cash...with zero bonds and few business stock funds.
His only stock funds...short USA stocks.
A USA investment manager says he has never seen such an extreme bet on economic catastrophe. ”This portfolio is a half-step away from a cellar-full of canned goods and nine-millimeter rounds,” he says.