- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
26 December 2011
Have you priced Italian extra virgin olive oil lately?
And...perhaps not even Italian...or extra virgin...or even made 100% from olives.
Some famous producers in Italy are mixing cheaper oils from Greece, Spain, Morocco and Tunisia...and selling them as top-end extra virgin oils.
Investigators finally caught on when they noticed that Italy was importing more olive oil than it was exporting.
"It involves 13 of the biggest olive oil producers – there are some very famous names," said a spokesman.