- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
05 December 2011
URUGUAY / VENEZUELA : Tempest Over A Top; Mujica Attacked For Wearing Venezuelan Army Jacket At CELAC Meet.
Former rebel...and now President Jose Mujica, 76...is under attack for wearing a Venezuelan military uniform during the inaugural 2-day CELAC regional meeting in Caracas.
A leader of an opposition party called it ‘disgraceful’.
“The president of all the Uruguayans disguised with the uniform of Venezuelan military, pitiful. Must we keep quiet? certainly not, it’s shameful”.
“Mujica refuses to wear a tie but admits to dressing up as a Venezuelan military? Shame for Uruguay”, chimed in an opposition senator.
Mujica's Foreign Minister Luis Almagro came to the president's defense.
“The president didn’t take much clothing for a brief trip and he was feeling cold so they lent him the jacket. There’s nothing wrong with protocol or nothing to be concerned about”, he said.