- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
05 December 2011
URUGUAY / VENEZUELA : Tempest Over A Top; Mujica Attacked For Wearing Venezuelan Army Jacket At CELAC Meet.
Former rebel...and now President Jose Mujica, 76...is under attack for wearing a Venezuelan military uniform during the inaugural 2-day CELAC regional meeting in Caracas.
A leader of an opposition party called it ‘disgraceful’.
“The president of all the Uruguayans disguised with the uniform of Venezuelan military, pitiful. Must we keep quiet? certainly not, it’s shameful”.
“Mujica refuses to wear a tie but admits to dressing up as a Venezuelan military? Shame for Uruguay”, chimed in an opposition senator.
Mujica's Foreign Minister Luis Almagro came to the president's defense.
“The president didn’t take much clothing for a brief trip and he was feeling cold so they lent him the jacket. There’s nothing wrong with protocol or nothing to be concerned about”, he said.