- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
17 December 2011
It took 18 years of negotiations...but Russia has joined the 153-member WTO.
Georgia has blocked Moscow since its short 2008 war.
The Swiss brokered the deal between Russia and Georgia.
Fewer trade barriers may spur billions in trade between Russia and the rest of the world.
But in the USA...the congress must approve any deal for increased trade with Russia.
AND: PM Putin's popularity is plummeting...according to new polls.
One poll has his support at 51%...down from a recent 60%...with only 42% willing to vote for him as president.
Another poll shows him with only 44% approval...vs 70%...in 2008.