- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
27 December 2011
The ECB set a troubling new deposit record for cash deposits...412bn euros/ $539bn...as nervous banks seem to prefer parking their money with the ECB...than lending it to other banks.
The new total beat the June 2010 record of E384bn.
Many banks seemingly prefer to keep their cash with the ECB...though it only pays a miserly 0.25% interest rate...instead of getting higher returns by buying troubled southern European sovereign debt.
Spain's three-year sovereign debt goes for 3.6%...while Italy's yields 5.7%.