- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
19 November 2011
It took a rapidly weakening currency...and 2 probable credit downgrades to junk status...for PM Viktor Orban to change his tune...and whistle for help from the IMF.
Orban says he will seek a credit line...but NOT loans from the IMF...to stave off the downgrades.
In the recent past...Orban has been highly critical of the IMF and its demands.
In 2008...Hungary received a $25.1 billion IMF-led bailout.
However, Orban did not renew a standby loan agreement last year.
With a new credit line...Orban will seek fiscal flexibility... but the IMF is unlikely to give it.