- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
24 October 2011
As regular visitors know...M3 is more than a little nutty about music from Brasil.
Gal Costa, Chico Buarque and Dorival Caymmi are a few of its musical artists featured here.
Just last week...the great Daniela Mercury was finally given exposure.
So many great musicians...and so little time to feature them all.
Today M3 showcases...legendary singer/composer...Gilberto Gil.
The most memorable concert I ever attended...was performed by Gil...years ago in a small venue here in Austin...called La Zona Rosa.
Two hours of mostly Brasilians singing and dancing...and sweating...to Gil's guitar and percussion.
Forget Billy Joel...or 'The Boss'.
IMO...Gil is...O Rei/The King.
Here is his love song for Rio...'Aquele Abraço'/That Embrace...performed LIVE...with some wonderful flute.
The video also features...a wild vintage helicopter tour of Rio...circa 1968.
Segunda-feira feliz!!!/Happy Monday!!!