- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
24 October 2011
President Cristina Fernandez, 58, easily won her re-election bid for 4 more years...with 54% of the vote.
She urged Argentines to join in “national unity” and brushed aside rumors that her followers would try to amend the constitution for an “indefinite re-election”.
Her party may have regained enough seats to control congress...control that it lost in 2009.
CFK won the largest share of votes since democracy was restored in 1983.
Argentina is riding spectacular 9% GDP growth and low unemployment...while suffering from annual 25-30% inflation.
Cristina's critics decry some of her disturbing authoritarian tendencies...media sanctions and punishing economists.