- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
24 October 2011
President Cristina Fernandez, 58, easily won her re-election bid for 4 more years...with 54% of the vote.
She urged Argentines to join in “national unity” and brushed aside rumors that her followers would try to amend the constitution for an “indefinite re-election”.
Her party may have regained enough seats to control congress...control that it lost in 2009.
CFK won the largest share of votes since democracy was restored in 1983.
Argentina is riding spectacular 9% GDP growth and low unemployment...while suffering from annual 25-30% inflation.
Cristina's critics decry some of her disturbing authoritarian tendencies...media sanctions and punishing economists.