- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
24 October 2011
President Cristina Fernandez, 58, easily won her re-election bid for 4 more years...with 54% of the vote.
She urged Argentines to join in “national unity” and brushed aside rumors that her followers would try to amend the constitution for an “indefinite re-election”.
Her party may have regained enough seats to control congress...control that it lost in 2009.
CFK won the largest share of votes since democracy was restored in 1983.
Argentina is riding spectacular 9% GDP growth and low unemployment...while suffering from annual 25-30% inflation.
Cristina's critics decry some of her disturbing authoritarian tendencies...media sanctions and punishing economists.