- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- SERBIA / HUMOR : TV Show Pranks PM...With X Rated View.
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
25 October 2011
Bad weather did not prevent perhaps 100,000 from gathering peacefully in Budapest on Sunday to protest PM Viktor Orban's efforts to curb freedom of the press.
The protest was planned on social media...to correspond with the 55th anniversary of the 1956 revolt against the Soviets.
A similar protest was held in March...with another planned for March 2012.
Orban and his party have crafted legislation that intimidates and threatens newspapers and websites with huge fines for "violating public, interests or order"...despite pressures from the EU.
New parliamentary elections will be held in 2014.
FOR Background post/link: