- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
24 October 2011
Charter airlines estimate that 400,000 people will fly to Cuba from the USA in 2011...up from 250,000 last year...because President Obama's January order made it easier for students, journalists and religious groups to go there.
Soon...direct charters will connect Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas and 12 other cities with Cuba....up from 3 cities currently.
Now charters pay the airlines from $16k to $25k for the short round-trip flight between Miami and Havana.
"Carriers can't be looking at this as a money maker," said an airline booker."They have to look at this as an investment."