- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
12 May 2013
BRASIL : 15 May UPDATE: Batista Recovers On Maracana Stadium Lease; New Judge Upholds Bid.
Some bad news just got better for billionaire Eike Batista.
A second judge has overruled a Rio judge who suspended proposed 35-year control of Rio's famous giant and newly outfitted Maracana stadium by a consortium led by Batista's company...IMX.
She had declared bidding irregularities.
The 2nd judge ruled that a suspension would cause Brasil harm.
Brasilia has spent $500 million to retrofit Maracana for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics.
Batista has lost over $24 billion of paper wealth in the past year...because of poor performance in his company's crucial energy area.