- CHINA / ENVIRONMENT: Beijing Sets New Standard For...Dense Deadly Smog.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- POLAND: C.Bank To Strengthen Zloty By Selling Euros.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- BRASIL: Documentary About Rio Garbage Dump... Up For Oscar.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
12 May 2013
BRASIL : 15 May UPDATE: Batista Recovers On Maracana Stadium Lease; New Judge Upholds Bid.
Some bad news just got better for billionaire Eike Batista.
A second judge has overruled a Rio judge who suspended proposed 35-year control of Rio's famous giant and newly outfitted Maracana stadium by a consortium led by Batista's company...IMX.
She had declared bidding irregularities.
The 2nd judge ruled that a suspension would cause Brasil harm.
Brasilia has spent $500 million to retrofit Maracana for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics.
Batista has lost over $24 billion of paper wealth in the past year...because of poor performance in his company's crucial energy area.