- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
12 May 2013
BRASIL : 15 May UPDATE: Batista Recovers On Maracana Stadium Lease; New Judge Upholds Bid.
Some bad news just got better for billionaire Eike Batista.
A second judge has overruled a Rio judge who suspended proposed 35-year control of Rio's famous giant and newly outfitted Maracana stadium by a consortium led by Batista's company...IMX.
She had declared bidding irregularities.
The 2nd judge ruled that a suspension would cause Brasil harm.
Brasilia has spent $500 million to retrofit Maracana for the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics.
Batista has lost over $24 billion of paper wealth in the past year...because of poor performance in his company's crucial energy area.