- VENEZUELA : Caracas Gets Some Toilet Paper Relief; Opposition TV Channel Globovision Surrenders; Maduro Befriends Empresas Polar.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- MEXICO: Are Calderon And USA "Soft" On Sinaloa's Narcos?
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
21 April 2013
PARAGUAY / BRASIL : 24 April UPDATE: Conservative Cartes Wins Presidency; Narco Business Booms On The Border; Historical Analysis Of Colorado Party.
Conservative Colorado Party candidate...millionaire novice politician Horacio Cartes, 56...won Sunday's presidential election.
His powerful Colorado Party controlled Paraguay for 61 years.
Cartes defeated 50-year-old lawyer Liberal Party Efrain Alegre by 9%...even after Cartes was labelled a homophobe...and accused of tax evasion, currency fraud and having narco connections.
Cartes has interests in 25 companies.
The only leftist candidate...former army chief Lino Oviedo died in February in a helicopter crash.
Cartes replaces interim President Federico Franco.
Franco took office after former Catholic Bishop and leftist President Fernando Lugo...was forced out by impeachment in just 48 hours in June 2012...following a deadly riot over land ownership that killed 17...including 6 police.
Leftist Latin American leaders called Lugo's ouster...a congressional golpe.
TO READ ALSO: Narco traffic and violence growing in Paraguay.
!!!NEWEST!!! Analysis: Historic look at Colorado Party control.