- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
16 March 2013
ITALY : Parliament Opens...With Deadlock; Silvio Heckled.
Italian politics...is at an impasse again as it parliament opens.
It augurs a return to the polls....and more trouble for the Eurozone...and Italian sovereign debt.
The upstart populist 5 Star Movement/M5S party...which controls 30% of the lower house... again rejected forming a coalition with left center Pier Luigi Bersani's party.
Its members...The Grillini...named after their angry reformist leader...comic blogger Beppe Grillo...took seats in the back of the chamber.
The newcomers agreed to wear ties...and grabbed seats 'neither right nor left...but above and beyond'...to 'breathe down the necks of other partys' members.'
Disgraced 3-time ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi made his first appearance since being hospitalized with an eye problem.
He was mocked by whistling and jeering protesters as he entered the chamber...along with shouts of Buffone!/Clown!
Slippery Silvio called his detractors...'poor, stupid fools.'