- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
16 March 2013
ITALY : Parliament Opens...With Deadlock; Silvio Heckled.
Italian politics...is at an impasse again as it parliament opens.
It augurs a return to the polls....and more trouble for the Eurozone...and Italian sovereign debt.
The upstart populist 5 Star Movement/M5S party...which controls 30% of the lower house... again rejected forming a coalition with left center Pier Luigi Bersani's party.
Its members...The Grillini...named after their angry reformist leader...comic blogger Beppe Grillo...took seats in the back of the chamber.
The newcomers agreed to wear ties...and grabbed seats 'neither right nor left...but above and beyond'...to 'breathe down the necks of other partys' members.'
Disgraced 3-time ex-PM Silvio Berlusconi made his first appearance since being hospitalized with an eye problem.
He was mocked by whistling and jeering protesters as he entered the chamber...along with shouts of Buffone!/Clown!
Slippery Silvio called his detractors...'poor, stupid fools.'