- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- RUSSIA / VIDEO: Where Road Rage...Gets Real Ugly...Real Fast.
- BULGARIA : Viewers Ask : Is TV Show "Otechestven Front" Cursed?
- MEXICO : Durango Raid Kills 'Chapo' Guzman Aide..."Architect" Cabrera Sarabria.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- GERMANY / ITALY / POLAND : 29 June UPDATE: UPSET!! Roma Beats Berlin 2-1.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
23 March 2013
AUSTIN / TECHNOLOGY: 26 Mar UPDATE: Dell LBO...Becomes 3-Way...As Icahn And Blackstone Jump In With Higher Offers; Reforming Dell...Without Its Founder?
And, then...there were 3.
The deep-pockets equity firm Blackstone Group...and notorious billionaire corporate raider Carl Icahn...joined founder/CEO Michael Dell and hedge fund partner Silver Lake...in the battle to take Round Rock, Texas-based...#3 PC maker Dell Inc...private.
At the very end of the 45 day 'go-shop' period...Blackstone and Icahn submitted preliminary offers.
CEO Dell and Silver Lake have offered $13.65 per share...or $24.4 billion.
Now Icahn is said to be offering $15 per share...while Blackstone is offering $14.25.
Icahn is even open to joining with Blackstone in a partial LBO.
Some funds and stockholders claim Michael Dell was seriously low balling the value of the company he founded...trying to pick it up cheaply.
Dell and his family own 15.6% of the shares....but cannot vote on his LBO offer.
The second largest stockholder...Southeastern Asset claims the shares are worth $24.
The T. Rowe Price fund also believes the $13.65 deal...is a steal.
Icahn had previously proposed Dell issue a $9 per share special dividend.
Dell Inc has $9 billion in cash overseas...and generated $3.7 billion in profits in 2012.
It employs 14,000 workers in Central Texas.
Michael Dell and Silver Lake are allowed only one bid revision.
There is also much speculation that the new bidders envision a Dell Inc...without Michael Dell as CEO.
Disgraced former Hewlett Packard CEO Mark Hurd's name is frequently mentioned.
The suitors may lust only for his shares...not his faltering and suspect vision.
On Monday...Dell shares closed up 2.6%...at $14.51.