- COLOMBIA : 30 May UPDATE: Premiere Of Narco Pablo Escobar Telenovela...Sets Viewer Record.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- MARITIME IMAGES : 22 Haunting Shipwrecks.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- USA : 15 Feb UPDATE : A Look Inside The Toxic Ship...As The Carnival Cruise From Hell...Finally Ends!
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
- BRASIL: More Headaches For Dilma : Her VP's In-Law On Playboy Cover...And Chief Aide's Dubious Payment.
30 March 2013
ARGENTINA / USA : Buenos Aires Proposed New Bond Plan...Same As Old Plan.
In NYC on Friday...Buenos Aires presented a 'new' bond repayment plan...as demanded by an appeals court...that is virtually the same as an original...and rejected...2010 plan.
It would pay 2 hedge funds about 1/6th of what a judge demanded.
A USA judge had ordered Argentina to submit a plan for hedge funds that purchased old bonds at a fraction of their original costs...and are demanding full repayment of $1.33 billion.
The hedge funds...NML and Aurelius...have bitterly sought repayment for years.
One even succeeded in 2012 in putting a month long lien on a naval ship docked in Africa.
Buenos Aires has called the funds 'vultures.'
It is unclear how the judge will view the proposal.
The hedge funds issued no comment.
If the judge rejects the 'new' offer...Argentina will have to repay the hedge funds in full.
That could force Argentina to repay all bondholders...and eventually default on all debt.
Observers say...with its proposal...Buenos Aires is basically 'thumbing its nose at the court.'