- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
30 March 2013
ARGENTINA / USA : Buenos Aires Proposed New Bond Plan...Same As Old Plan.
In NYC on Friday...Buenos Aires presented a 'new' bond repayment plan...as demanded by an appeals court...that is virtually the same as an original...and rejected...2010 plan.
It would pay 2 hedge funds about 1/6th of what a judge demanded.
A USA judge had ordered Argentina to submit a plan for hedge funds that purchased old bonds at a fraction of their original costs...and are demanding full repayment of $1.33 billion.
The hedge funds...NML and Aurelius...have bitterly sought repayment for years.
One even succeeded in 2012 in putting a month long lien on a naval ship docked in Africa.
Buenos Aires has called the funds 'vultures.'
It is unclear how the judge will view the proposal.
The hedge funds issued no comment.
If the judge rejects the 'new' offer...Argentina will have to repay the hedge funds in full.
That could force Argentina to repay all bondholders...and eventually default on all debt.
Observers say...with its proposal...Buenos Aires is basically 'thumbing its nose at the court.'