- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- RUSSIA : Siberian Cult Leader Rudnev Jailed For Raping Dozens Of Followers.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- UKRAINE : Thousands Protest In Kyiv For Yulia, Against Yanukovych; Some Injured In Clashes.
- ANIMALS / HUMOR / IMAGES : Cats: Love Them Or Hate Them; Website Now Lets Owners Shame Them.
- COSTA RICA / PERU / COLOMBIA : 17 May UPDATE : 2 More Aides Resign After Prez. Chinchilla Comes Under Fire For Free Flights On Alleged Narco Jet; Key Minister Resigns Over Flight From Bogus Person.
- MEXICO : Shocking Details Emerge About Mayor's Abduction Before Execution; 19 Bodies Found In Chihuahua State.
- MEXICO: Telenovela Star's Assistant Charged With 4 Counts Of Attempted Murder.
30 March 2013
ARGENTINA / USA : Buenos Aires Proposed New Bond Plan...Same As Old Plan.
In NYC on Friday...Buenos Aires presented a 'new' bond repayment plan...as demanded by an appeals court...that is virtually the same as an original...and rejected...2010 plan.
It would pay 2 hedge funds about 1/6th of what a judge demanded.
A USA judge had ordered Argentina to submit a plan for hedge funds that purchased old bonds at a fraction of their original costs...and are demanding full repayment of $1.33 billion.
The hedge funds...NML and Aurelius...have bitterly sought repayment for years.
One even succeeded in 2012 in putting a month long lien on a naval ship docked in Africa.
Buenos Aires has called the funds 'vultures.'
It is unclear how the judge will view the proposal.
The hedge funds issued no comment.
If the judge rejects the 'new' offer...Argentina will have to repay the hedge funds in full.
That could force Argentina to repay all bondholders...and eventually default on all debt.
Observers say...with its proposal...Buenos Aires is basically 'thumbing its nose at the court.'