- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- BRASIL / COLOMBIA / UKRAINE: 13 Sept. UPDATE: Bettors' Favorite Odessa An Also Ran In Miss Universe Contest.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
19 February 2013
RUSSIA / UKRAINE : 2 Billionaires Pledge To Give Away Some Of Fortunes...To Charity.
A Ukrainian...and a Russian billionaire...have joined the trendy movement by some of the world's wealthiest citizens...to pledge their fortunes to charities.
Russian industrial oligarch Vlad Potanin, 52, worth over $14 billion...and Ukraine's precious metals magnate Victor Pinchuk, 52 (Foto)...with nearly $4 billion...claim they will give away some of their vast fortunes.
The movement was started in 2010 by 2 of the globe's richest men...Microsoft founder Bill Gates, 57...with a $66 billion nest egg...and Berkshire Hathaway's $54 billion guru Warren Buffett, 82.
There are now 105 rich people...who have joined the Giving Pledge movement.
Forbes claims Russia has nearly 100 billionaires...while the Ukraine has only 9.
No Latin Americans have yet to take the pledge.
Mexico's Carlos Slim Helu at $74 billion...is the world's richest man...with a near monopoly on his nation's expensive land and cell phone lines because of his America Movil holdings.
Slim did build and stock a critically panned art museum in the D.F.
ALSO: SEE: All the world's top billionaires...illustrated with interesting visual data.