- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
03 February 2013
EUROZONE / ITALY / SPAIN : Euro Nerves Fraying Over Rajoy Corruption...And Silvio's Surge.
ECB officials may be doubling-up on antacids...after corruption allegations were revealed against Spain's PM Rajoy on Thursday.
And...in Italy...slippery Silvio Berlusconi has gained support...and now lags only 5 points behind the left-leaning leader Pier Luigi Bersani ahead of a late February election.
Berlusconi is playing wild-eyed populist...promising to kill a very unpopular and PM Monti instituted property tax...and even refund last year's 4 billion euro take.
Silvio first abolished the same loathed IMU tax in 2008.
'The euro crisis is not over'...states German FinMin Schaeuble.
In fact...France complain that the euro's recent surge...now at $1.36...is hurting exports.
Oh...and don't forget there's also a looming...perhaps 15 billion euro...Cyprus bailout.
AND: To Read: Silvio proposes property tax cuts, no tax on rich, gets standing ovation.