- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- BRASIL / ITALY / GUATEMALA / USA / RUSSIA: 1 Dead, 7 Injured In Rio Fuel Tanks Fires/ Blasts; Ruby Heartstealer Admits Lying About Silvio's Sex Parties, Money; Ex-Prez Alfonso Portillo Extradited To USA For Money Laundering; Moscow Bans VKontakte By 'Mistake.'
- RUSSIA / AZERBAIJAN / DENMARK / EUROVISION 2013 / IMAGES: 21 May UPDATE: Moscow Outraged By Azeri Vote Problems; Denmark Won Finals...That Featured Lesbian Kiss; Germans Blame Poor Showing On Merkel.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE / EU / RUSSIA : Pressure Builds On Yanukovych; Yulia's Treatment Is Euro 2012 PR Blunder; Putin Backs Kyiv.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- AUSTRALIA / USA : USA Navy Resumes Ship Sinking Exercises.
- MEXICO/ USA : 11 Oct. UPDATE: Navy Admits Killing Top Zetas Leader Lazcano...Was Accident; 'La Ardilla' Smirks Over His Arrest For Falcon Lake Murder; Analysis Of Calderon's 'Kill The Capos' Plan.
- UKRAINE / GERMANY : Official Blasts Hotels...As 'Bandits And Thieves'...Over Euro 2012 Housing Costs; Movie About Legendary Nazi Football Defeat Worries Officials.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
14 October 2012
BRASIL / USA / JAPAN : FinMin Mantega Blasts Bernanke Money Policies...As 'Selfish.'
The world's monetary bigwigs are meeting in Japan to discuss economic policies.
There...USA Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke defended his Cbank's continuing loose monetary policies...the latest being QE3.
His policies have been criticized by Russia, China and especially Brasil.
Brasil FinMin Guido Mantega called the USA stimulus measures...'selfish'...because he says they unfairly raise developing countries currencies.
Some critics call Bernanke "helicopter Ben'...because he is showering the USA and the globe with cheap dollars...creating historic low interest rates.
Even ruder critics say Bernanke is acting as a pimp for the USA's stock markets.The USA's S/P Index is up 14% YTD.