- EU / CROATIA : Zagreb Now Set To Become EU Member #28...In 2013.
- PHILIPPINES /USA : Stranded US Naval Warship Finally Dismantled.
- COSTA RICA: Currency Intervention Predicted As Colon Surges Vs USD.
- ITALY: 12 Dec UPDATE: Is Silvio's 'Friend'...Key Sex Trial Witness Ruby The Heart Stealer...On The Run? Ruby Finally Surfaces...In Mexico!
- PERU: Sand Fly Bite...Morphs Into Horror Story For American.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- BRASIL : Dilma Wins Port Privatization Approval From Congress.
- MUSIC FOR MONDAY: From SWEDEN / AZERBAIJAN : Eurovision Winner Loreen Sings "Euphoria."
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- VENEZUELA :6 March UPDATE: Shooting At Caracas Opposition Rally Wounds Capriles Supporter.
19 April 2012
PANAMA / USA : 20 April UPDATE: Cruise Company Says Sorry; Passengers Claim Stranded Fishermen Ignored By Cruise Ship.
The Star Princess...a luxury cruise ship owned by Miami's Carnival Lines...passed a troubled Panamanian fishing boat on 10 March...and though reportedly alerted by some bird watching passengers...failed to stop to render aid.
On the small distressed craft...2 of 3 fishermen eventually died...before a rescue...28 days later.
The sole survivor was Adrian Vasquez, 18.
The Star Princess was travelling from Ecuador to Costa Rica.
After initial denial and an investigation...the company finally apologized...and blamed it on 'poor communications'...for not informing the ship's British captain.
The cruise ship is owned by Miami's Carnival Lines...the owners of the ill-fated Costa Concordia that ran aground in Italy in January...killing dozens of passengers.