- BULGARIA / RUSSIA : Moscow Hits Sofia With $1.3 Billion Claim For Failed Nuke.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- MEXICO / USA : Wanted Narco Billionaire's 'Daughter' Arrested In San Diego.
- MEXICO : Gulfo Narco Boss 'El Coss' Caught In Tampico; Arrested Pozos Gonzalez Proud Of Golden AK-47.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- RUSSIA / CHECHNYA/ FRANCE : Actor Depardieu Parties With Dictator Kadyrov.
- MEXICO / USA: Despite Violence, Border Factories Bloom.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
19 April 2012
PANAMA / USA : 20 April UPDATE: Cruise Company Says Sorry; Passengers Claim Stranded Fishermen Ignored By Cruise Ship.
The Star Princess...a luxury cruise ship owned by Miami's Carnival Lines...passed a troubled Panamanian fishing boat on 10 March...and though reportedly alerted by some bird watching passengers...failed to stop to render aid.
On the small distressed craft...2 of 3 fishermen eventually died...before a rescue...28 days later.
The sole survivor was Adrian Vasquez, 18.
The Star Princess was travelling from Ecuador to Costa Rica.
After initial denial and an investigation...the company finally apologized...and blamed it on 'poor communications'...for not informing the ship's British captain.
The cruise ship is owned by Miami's Carnival Lines...the owners of the ill-fated Costa Concordia that ran aground in Italy in January...killing dozens of passengers.