- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- GUATEMALA : Court Throws Out Rios Montt Genocide Conviction; Trial Restart Ordered.
- ARGENTINA: Bond Appeal Surging On Exports And Debt Restructure; Beating Ukraine For Yield For Now.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
29 March 2012
POLAND :31 March UPDATE: Thousands Protest New Retirement Plans.
Thousands of workers demonstrated outside parliament...after Poland's 2 ruling parties joined the EU austerity crowd...and agreed to raise the full retirement age...to 67...to reduce spending.
The move is widely unpopular...since the current pension age is 60 for women and 65 for men.
The parties trotted out the accepted arguments...that people now live longer...and the working age population is shrinking.
But the parliament must still vote on the reform...that is strongly opposed by the minority Law and Justice Party.