- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- COLOMBIA : Top Pop Singer Shakira...Sued By Ex-Novio...For $100 Million.
- VENEZUELA: Growing As Hub For Drug Shipments.
- USA / SOCIAL MEDIA / GUN CULTURE: Santa Leaves Heat As Xmas Treats.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- URUGUAY: Foreigners Rush To Buy Farm Land.
- MEXICO: The Growing Number Of Narco Women.
- RUSSIA : Miss Russia Defends Pussy Riot Punkers; 4 Detained After Small Moscow Pussy Riot Protest.
- MEXICO: Police Investigating Death of Young American Woman.
02 January 2012
HUNGARY : 3 Jan UPDATE: Tens Of Thousands Protest Conservative PM Orban's New Constitution...As Curb On Democracy; Viktor Orban Bio.
An estimated 30,000-100,000 gathered in Budapest to protest the new constitution... because they fear it curbs the democracy of the original 1989 version.
Protesters carried signs that said: "Enough!", "Orban dictatorship", "Orbanistan".
PM Viktor Orban...with his party's two-thirds majority...passed the new constitution.
“This is a full-court press against democracy,” said opposition member Sandor Szekely. “All checks and balances have been eliminated.”
Former USA ambassador Mark Palmer believes Hungary even risks losing its EU membership, obtained in 2004.
“Hungary’s ejection from the European Union is now no longer unthinkable,” Palmer said. The country “won’t be tolerated if it no longer counts as a democracy.”
TO SEE: 1:44 AlJazeera Video Report:
NEW!!! Excellent...but long bio of PM Viktor Orban...now called by some critics...the 'Viktator.'