- ART / HUMOR / SPAIN : 27 August UPDATE: Clever Jokers Post Their 'Restored' Versions Of Famous Images.
- MEXICO : Tulum Called New 'Hot Spot' For Fashionistas And Celebs.
- POLAND: Godson Becomes 1st Black MP.
- SERBIA / LIBYA : Are Serbian Mercenary Pilots Bombing Protestors In Tripoli?
- HUMOR : Horrible Yearbook FOTOS Unearthed.
- RUSSIA : Wanted For 15 Years...Cop Turned Serial Killer...Caught In Vladivostok.
- UKRAINE : 27 April UPDATE: Barbie Doll Looking Model...Defends Appearance.
- CUBA: Wife Of U.S. Prisoner Pleads For His Release.
- PANAMA : 24 Oct UPDATE: Prez Martinelli Will Scrap Colon Land Sale Law...After 3 Deaths; Martinelli Wants To Adopt Euro.
- RUSSIA : Drunk's Death Scene Dance...Goes Viral...Offends Many.
02 January 2012
HUNGARY : 3 Jan UPDATE: Tens Of Thousands Protest Conservative PM Orban's New Constitution...As Curb On Democracy; Viktor Orban Bio.
An estimated 30,000-100,000 gathered in Budapest to protest the new constitution... because they fear it curbs the democracy of the original 1989 version.
Protesters carried signs that said: "Enough!", "Orban dictatorship", "Orbanistan".
PM Viktor Orban...with his party's two-thirds majority...passed the new constitution.
“This is a full-court press against democracy,” said opposition member Sandor Szekely. “All checks and balances have been eliminated.”
Former USA ambassador Mark Palmer believes Hungary even risks losing its EU membership, obtained in 2004.
“Hungary’s ejection from the European Union is now no longer unthinkable,” Palmer said. The country “won’t be tolerated if it no longer counts as a democracy.”
TO SEE: 1:44 AlJazeera Video Report:
NEW!!! Excellent...but long bio of PM Viktor Orban...now called by some critics...the 'Viktator.'